Visiting Taunton MA!
After your massage why don’t you take a moment to read a book in Taunton’s historic green, where you can view the old court house that has a beautiful water sculpture. If you are lucky enough to book your appointment during the holiday season you will see Taunton Green’s holiday light show. It is simply amazing, but bring some gloves and a scarf! This city has great events, shops and places to visit and I’ve highlighted just a few below.
- There is a fantastic authentic Mexican restaurant down town called El Mariachi (http://www.elmariachimexicanrestaurant.com/) or if you take a 10 minute drive down towards Bay St. you will find the legendary Benjamin’s Restaurant where there is live music every week (http://www.benjaminsrestaurant.com/pages/cfHome.cfm).
- Why not try some shopping at Taunton’s Antique Store. They have two showroom floors of everything imaginable. (http://tauntonantiques.com/previewer/services.html).
- Relaxation Works is located 2 miles from RT 44 Raynham MA where you can stop in and get a tea at Panera Bread, grab some good deals at Marshall’s next door or head over to Bernie and Phyl’s Furniture. Don’t forget to drive down the street to Morning Star All Natural Food Store (http://brightmorningstarcenter.com/index.htm) and pick up all things crunchy granola (my personal favorite stop). Another great find for all those plant lovers out there is Lovely Day (Olson’s Greenhouse) http://lovelydaygardens.com/. The staff there is “lovely” and they have actually helped me with picking the plants that adorn the outside of my office from time to time.
- Due to its’ great Portuguese culture- there are always Portuguese festivals going on. I’m Italian BUT I love their festivals and they love having me!
- The Heart of Taunton is a private non-profit that is constantly looking to improve the beautification of Taunton’s downtown. There are events held in the Taunton Green throughout the year and you can see the dates on their website (http://www.heartoftaunton.com/). This year in September they had “Fabulous Family Fun Day” with a free concert series featuring The Freezepops.
- Every Thursday, July 7th through October there is a Farmers Market from 12noon – 5pm at First Parish Church (across from the Police Station). This is located on the same street as Relaxation Works 1/2 a mile up the road. Support local vendors!
- The Taunton Art Association is dedicated to promoting the arts throughout the community. Visit their website for show details (http://tauntonarts.org/default.aspx).